Roll7 – Remote
Ready to create amazing and original IPs? This BAFTA-winning studio is working on a brand new, stylised, action title. They're offering a very unique working set-up, allowing a work from home arrangement with a fortnightly trip into the studio. Flexible enough for you?
As a Lead Programmer, you will have extensive Unity experience and will be responsible for leading and mentoring a small team of Programmers (approximately five). You'll collaborate with the Creative Director, Producer, Art Lead and QA throughout your day-to-day too, so being comfortable with cross-discipline teams is a must!
The tasks you'll be doing include:
- Create the architecture and technical plan for the latest IP
- Code various core systems alongside a Generalist Programmer
- You'll have a 60% coding and 40% planning/management split across your duties
- Help to build, lead and manage a programming team from both a technical and personnel-driven perspective
- Set up a process to review the game at regular intervals during the development cycle and identify areas of improvement
- Encourage the team to create strong technical documentation, covering different development platforms/consoles
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed in this role:
- 5+ years of experience programming in C#
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a team lead
- Capable in Unity game development
- A history of console development
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Worked on any game consoles or iOS/Android devices
- Previous knowledge of OpenGL, DirectX and Physics Engine
- Confidence with Network/Live APIs such as Gamesparks/Playfab
- Strong command of 3D maths and physics
- Some experience with remote work or working with remote teams
This studio is a remote studio, and this role requires you to undertake the vast majority of your work at home (nine out of ten days).
Appropriate equipment, dev kits, and software licenses will be supplied as required. One day a fortnight you'll be required to work from central London as a team, therefore applicants MUST be based in the UK.
If you're interested in learning more, then get in touch!
Contact Jordan at email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777