Ubisoft – Mainz, DE
The teams at Ubisoft Mainz are engineering some of Ubisoft’s biggest blockbusters. They are looking for an expert Lead Programmer or a Senior Programmer with aspirations of taking the next career step into a leadership role, to join their highly motivated and capable programming team to work on their phenomenally successful Rainbow Six: Siege title.
Operating out of the historic city of Mainz, in the heart of Germany, the studio develops games pushing the limits of the genre like the acclaimed Anno 1800. It has leant decades of expertise to AAA co-development projects.
In the role of team Lead, you will be taking a more managerial mandate, setting expectations and objectives to aid both the career progression within the team and the development of the title. The game is developed via many teams spread throughout the organisation, and you will be responsible for directing the collaboration between multiple teams across different Ubisoft sites in both Mainz and Montreal. It is a highly technical role, leading a motivated team of people who do not need micromanagement. They are a highly competitive group of people and one of the best functioning teams within the company.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Lead a team of highly skilled gameplay, tools, and UI programmers
- Design and implement various gameplay systems and tools for thjeir AAA game Rainbow Six: Siege
- Act as a service-oriented ambassador of engineering to the rest of the team
- Work closely with game designers, programmers, and artists to ensure a great player experience
- Champion core game values, especially 'gameplay first'
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Expert C / C++ programming skills
- 5+ years experience in game programming, including experience shipping at least one AAA title
- Strong data structures, logic, algorithms, and optimisation skills
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, AI, pathing, scripting, combat, and online networking
- Speaks “designer” fluently
- Self-motivation and willing to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Passion for video games
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Experience working with big C++ engines
- Skills in C#, WPF, and Python
- UI development experience
- A computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Experience working on networked games
- Capable of working on security issues
- In-depth familiarity with Ubisoft products
Interested in learning more?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777