Warp Digital – London, UK
***Permanent or Contract***
I'm very excited to be working with Warp Digital to locate a Lead Programmer as the studio works on the Dune IP; creating a new open-world multiplayer survival game set in the Dune universe.
As a Lead Programmer you will be a key part of the studio achieving project goals. You will work closely other members of the team to develop Dune on next-generation platforms.
You will be responsible for the underlying architecture for the game or it's backend systems, and as a lead oversee the work being done by other developers working on the project.
You will ensure that the best practices, development processes, and coding standards are followed by all team members and act as a mentor for new or junior software developers or programmers, as well as providing guidance to all members on the development team when requested.
Expect to take ownership of development plans and have supervisorial responsibilities in delegating work and ensuring software projects are delivered in line with timescales and budgets.
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- 5+ years game development experience
- Strong knowledge of software architecture and software patterns
- Previous experience of managing programmers
- Well versed in C++
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, Game Design or another technical degree
Bonus Points if you bring any of the following…
- Previously used Unreal Engine 4 and the Blueprint scripting language
- Experience of working on one or more released titles
- Background of working on multiplayer games
- Knowledge of Agile principles and methodologies, including SCRUM and KANBAN
- Worked remotely with a third-party development partner
Perks and benefits provided by Warp include…
- Fair working hours & zero crunch, Warp believe in a good work/life balance, so they offer a crunch-free environment
- 25 days annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays
- Annual Salary Review, Warp review and consider everyone’s salary for increase every 12 months as standard
- Company Pension, with employer contribution matching on the UK government automatic enrolment scheme
- Continued Learning, free Udemy courses at any experience level, for those wanting to go deeper
- Quarterly team events, including fun activities, meals and drinks
- Project Wrap Parties, it’s important to celebrate success! When your project ends you can look forward to a well-deserved party with colleagues
- All the above is available in their fantastic central London space, only two stops from London Bridge!
Are you interested in learning more about this role?
Get in touch with Paul for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.