This is your chance to join an established, fully independent studio and make your mark on a huge IP! You'll be working on a new and exciting project that was only signed off last month. At the moment, there are just ten people working on it, so you will be joining the team and the project at it's conception and will watch it flourish into a AAA multi-platform game.
As Lead Programmer you'll be a core part of a small but experienced team working on strategic projects. You will lead the strategic projects team, passing on experience and expertise as well as leading by example. You will be responsible for planning, writing, debugging and maintaining their current project efforts.
You will be working on multiple platforms and in areas such as but not limited to – asset loading, asset streaming, asset conversion, audio, image processing, memory management, optimisation, pipelines, platform specific systems, and more.
You will also get to work with a dedicated and talented team that has delivered some amazing quality titles.
- Develop technical design specifications for complex projects and implements them
- Liaise with the Development Manager to plan and execute the development roadmap
- Perform code reviews with the team to ensure code quality
- Work closely with users to define their needs and refine requirements
- Design, create, document, maintain, and improve tools for all disciplines
- Provide support for all disciplines in the use of the tools
- Work to improve user experience, capabilities and performance
- Investigate and evaluate third party tools, libraries and frameworks
- Propose new tools and functionality to improve team effectiveness and quality of life
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and C#
- Experience with game engine content tools and pipeline
- Excellent systems design experience
- Excellent problem solving and code optimization skills
- Ability to work on shared and legacy code-bases
- Strong English verbal and written skills
- Have shipped at least 1 game in a similar role
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role
- Current console experience required
Sound good to you? Get in touch with Jordan@aswift.com or give us a call on 01709 834777. If your CV isn't up to scratch just yet, don't panic, let's have a chat first!