Lead Programmer (Hybrid Options)
Sumo Digital – Nottingham, UK
Sumo Digital's Nottingham studio specialise in action and racing games, and they are looking for a Lead Programmer to join them as they begin development on their very own IP; a 3rd person, multiplayer action game. They will be pushing boundaries with high NPC counts and utilizing all that Unreal 5 has to offer.
Established way back in 2003, Sumo Digital has grown to over 700 staff spread across 10 studios spanning the UK, Poland and India, each of which focuses on their own projects, have their own specialism.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a pivotal role in developing the codebase from the ground up, helping the programming team to architect, plan and troubleshoot development, to deliver on the high-level vision for the game.
As Lead, some studio presence will be necessary, but they have a highly flexible hybrid remote working policy, where you get to decide when and where you work, 90% of the time.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Leading the code team to achieve the highest possible quality product
- Working with the Technical Director and production to assist with planning and direction of the work of the code team
- Helping production prioritise and track the work of the code team
- Encouraging best code design practices within the code team
- Writing and development high quality source code
- Assisting the Technical Director with the day-to-day management of the team
- Coordinating the code team to deliver milestones
Just some of the benefits of working with Sumo Digital include…
- Annual bonuses
- Share incentive plan
- 27 days holiday, including your birthday and duvet day
- 5 learning days
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
- Generous maternity / paternity and adoption leave
- Comprehensive benefits package including a dental option
- Big family events
- Life assurance 4x salary
- Income protection of 75%
- Relocation support
- Visa sponsorship
If this piques your interest and you would like to learn more, contact Philip Boltt on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or drop me an email at email@example.com