Lead Online Programmer
Ubisoft Reflections – Newcastle, UK
Our friends at Ubisoft Reflections are seeking to bring in a Lead Online Programmer to lead an engineering team within a collaborative and multidiscipline environment.
As a Lead Online Programmer you'll focus on the three pillars of leadership at Ubisoft:
- Care about people
- Drive performance
- Lead in development and complexity
Your day-to-day tasks will include…
- Building an effective team, ensuring that it is fully resourced, a manageable size, and a good mix of levels
- Plan, prioritise, and set inspiring objectives for your team
- Empower your team with clear expectations, holding them accountable for their key results
- Provide ongoing and meaningful feedback on performance and development, ensuring positive acknowledgement of all achievements
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare for their future, both in the role and at Ubisoft
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset
- Create an open environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow
- Be exemplary and supportive
- Promote an open dialogue within your team
The skills and XP you'll bring to the role include…
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with knowledge of object oriented development
- A strong familiarity with common scheduling, task, and issue tracking tools such as MS Project, Jira, etc
- Able to create, manage, and track schedules for a team of engineers
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic
- Excellent oral and written communication, with fantastic soft skills
- Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures, and patterns, with the ability to apply them to problems whilst keeping constraints and performance in mind
- Confident with most areas of game development (physics, AI, gameplay, rendering, online, tools, UI, audio) with expertise in at least one area
- Proven ability to analyse unfamiliar code, of a significant complexity, to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module
- In-depth knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc
- Proven ability to debug defects of a significant complexity, including memory related issues, multi-threading, and assembly level debugging
- Experience managing and leading technical staff
- Several years of commercial software development experience as a senior engineer, with significant involvement in two published games, would be a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience
Ubisoft Reflections is a leading studio with a rich heritage stretching back 35 years. Well known for technical innovation, immersive worlds, and their vehicle/driving technology, the studio has collaborated with talented teams from across the Ubisoft family around the world contributing to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games.
Their recent work includes games such as Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series.
Are you interested in learning more about this role?
Get in touch with Paul for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.