Lead Online Programmer (Location Options)
IO Interactive – Copenhagen, DK
***This role can be worked from any of their studios in Copenhagen, Malmo, or Barcelona***
IO Interactive are on the lookout for a Lead Online Programmer to join their team as a core part of their future, brand-new, multi project venture! They are building a strong and talented team of online programmers, looking to consolidate their cloud infrastructure as well as their engine’s online capabilities.
IO Interactive deliver incredible games on a consistent basis. Hitman, James Bond, Kane & Lynch making iteration after iteration better than the one before. They're a stand out studio in a world of great studios, offering an incredible work environment, work on brilliant IP's and benefit packages.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Implementing fitting cloud technologies for the online and data services
- Deploying, maintaining and driving the design of their cloud infrastructure, which should be scalable and fitting to several games needs
- Developing and upholding online game technology and tools as well as game specific code, on server and on client side
- Championing online security practices
- Expanding the technology of the in-house Glacier engine with online capabilities; designing and implementing online game features that interact with the engine
- As a lead, and alongside Directors, participation on the online game vision and break it into specific goals
- Contributing to creating, running and monitoring game servers and back end infrastructure
- Providing candid and compassionate feedback in bi-weekly 1:1s with every team member
- Coaching and mentoring in regards to Online, Cloud, security and related best practices
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A track record as a DevOps Engineer in scalable production systems
- Proficiency with at least one the major cloud vendors (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- An ability to architect solutions that may live in several clouds
- Expertise with containerization (docker, k8 etc.) and orchestration (e.g. puppet, ansible, saltstact).
- An aptness for navigating and integrating new technologies into large existing codebases
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English – they are proudly and happily an international studio
- A collaborative attitude, excelling at both knowledge-sharing and building your own own skillset
- A structured approach to planning, tasks resource estimation, assigning and breaking them down.
- A Bachelor’s in Computer Science, a related education, or relevant experience for the job such as several years leading teams responsible for Online services / Cloud infrastructures for games
- You are completely and irrevocably passionate about video games
- Expertise with creating custom tools with C#/.NET
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience in the game industry
- A comprehensive knowledge of C++
- Console specialisation (Microsoft and Sony)
- A cross-site and cross-team background
- Master/PhD degree in Computer Science or related fields
You will get to work on Glacier, which still blows the team away by its quality. You will be able to architect a cloud infrastructure to support amazing online services for the players. You will get to work on new, advanced stuff that we guarantee will tickle your inner geek and give you the creative and technical freedom that is so important.
This is an incredible opportunity to work at one of the best studios there is, if you'd like to hear more, contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01709834777!