Lead Lighting Artist
Playground Games – Leamington Spa, UK
This is your chance to work for a studio who’ve created a number of critically-acclaimed, award-winning racing games. Established in 2010, Playground Games have brought together some of the most experienced and talented developers with a vision to create genre-defining titles for a global audience.
Due to continued success, they are now looking for a skilled and experienced Lead Lighting Artist, responsible for the creation of immersive environments that realise their game’s vision.
Your technical and practical abilities will be well developed, and you’ll be able to grasp new concepts and programs quickly, as well as participating in R&D of new techniques to implement into the production pipeline.
You will proactively drive lighting technology, processes, and pipelines in collaboration with other departments. You will ensure the delivery of high quality lighting work across all areas of the game, while also identifying risks or opportunities for improvement. You must have a proven track record, be highly motivated, and be detail conscious.
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Excellent knowledge of lighting pipelines and cutting-edge art techniques
- Strong interest in realistic and photo-realistic lighting
- Excellent knowledge of PBR materials
- Experience leading and mentoring a team
- The ability to produce benchmark quality lighting look development
- Experience contributing to the development of AAA lighting pipelines
- Expert understanding of physical-based rendering for games
- Excellent knowledge of lighting and colour theory
- An interest in off-line 3D rendering
- An understanding of digital photography principles
- Experience with 3DS Max
- An understanding of animated VFX is desirable, but not required
For more information about this excellent role, get in touch with me for a confidential chat!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777