Lead Level Designer
Ubisoft Montpellier – Montpellier, FR
Ubisoft Montpellier are looking for a Lead Level Designer to join their world-renowned team and work on Beyond Good and Evil 2! At Ubisoft, you will have the opportunity to collaborate and grow with passionate and pioneering teams from all over the world. You will be a part of an exciting and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of imagination and technology to create worlds that fascinate players. This is your chance to make a mark on a huge IP!
You will be leading a team of between 5 and 10 designers. This is a hands-on role, so the successful candidate will be required to work from their studio Montpellier; so you'll either be currently based in or near the city, or be open to relocation – a full relocation package can be provided if needed.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Acting as the central point on “how” the story and the gameplay loops are brought together to make the “gameplay experience”, in line with the vision of the Creative Direction
- Collaborating and advising on the development of gameplay elements in order to ensure they are well-used during the experience
- Putting in place content management methods, documents on gameplay intention (for all game and maps), macro-structure, level design documentation, document on the direction of the game, etc. to achieve the gameplay experience and communicate directives to other production trades
- Participating in the development of the workflow on work organisation and priority management to prove, by iterations, concrete results of “gameplay experience”
- Establishing, with game design, the game exposure to ease and optimize the learning curve of the player
- Being present at playtests during debug phases to develop a plan of action about corrections required to the game, based on feedback from the players
- Ensuring chronological coherence between levels
The skills and experience you'll need…
- An in-depth comprehension of design pipelines for video games
- At least 1 year of leadership responsibilities working in videogames
- Previous professional development in AAA Game Design
- Narrative design experience is beneficial
Want to learn more about this studio and project?
Interested in this role? Want to know more? Get in touch with Dan Hawkins on 01709 834777 or email email@example.com