Lead Game Engineer
Offworld Industries – Vancouver, CA
Offworld Industries (OWI) is the independent studio behind the successful military first person shooter, Squad. They have nearly 80 employees and are rapidly growing thanks to continued success.
Their expansion as a studio sees them working as a publisher supporting mods, as well as a technology provider building a framework for character-based multiplayer games in Unreal Engine 4.
Built on passion, unified spirit, and continuing efforts to break the mould, Offworld Industries strive to become a leader in creating large-scale multiplayer games. They want you to help them on that journey!
In this role, you will be a key contributor and a proactive member in both the design and development processes! You will drive the delivery of major systems, difficult features, and serious bug fixes. You should be able to own and drive the design of new systems and be able to assist more junior programmers working on the systems you have designed.
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- Lead a team of programmers towards the goals of a project
- Identify where to focus team resources
- Provide technical advice and solutions to other areas of the development team
- Interview for new team members for both cultural and technical alignment
- Advising, designing, prototyping, implementing and refining of game systems
- Adapting to unfamiliar areas of code or concepts when investigating a problem.
- Be a positive motivator for the rest of the programming team
- Coordinating with the testing team
- Working and coordinating with members of other departments on cross-department features
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 6+ years full time experience working as a software engineer (preferably within the games industry)
- At least one shipped game title (preferably using Unreal Engine)
- Excellent understanding of C++
- Experience with game engines (preferably Unreal Engine)
- Familiarity with command line tools and operations
- Experience using modern software engineering practices such as peer reviews, scrum, CI/CD, and testing
The studio will offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- Six weeks vacation
- A paid annual week-long company trip
- Wonderful colleagues
Sound like the role for you?
Want to learn more?
Get in touch with us!
Email a firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777