Lead Game Designer
Space Ape Games – London, UK
Space Ape Games on the lookout for a talented and driven Lead Game Designer to come and play a part in thier mission to create the best mobile game experiences. You will be responsible for delivering high quality designs that align with the games vision and player needs.
It’s an incredibly exciting time at Space Ape Games; they have projects at all stages of the development cycle, along with a fast paced environment that promotes genuine autonomy. Their exciting new music game, Beatstar is in soft launch and they are also working on a new multiplayer game set in the Boom Beach universe. Check out their Artstation to get a glimpse of the other genres we’ve been working on.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A passion for mobile games
- A track record leading the design of games
- A history of work as part of small multi-disciplinary game teams and happy to get stuck in at all levels
- Full development cycle history, from pitching & prototyping, to launch and beyond
- Puzzle design knowledge and expertise
- Strong knowledge of the design process and an ability to turn ideas into crafted experiences
- Excellent at identifying opportunities to make improvements at all stages of development
- Aptness for creating visions and pillars for games and can rally a team around them
- An ability to create and facilitate ideation sessions that align others around the problem space
- You’re able to tackle designs from multiple angles; while considering the vision, player needs and design fundamentals
- Strong level design skills, you are able to build and balance compelling content
- Skilled at communicating your designs through a variety of sources, from paper to prototype
- You can critique other ideas or designs, and reflect on your own
- You’re able to identify what’s needed to transform something from good to great!
Interested in this role? Want to know more? Get in touch with Dan Hawkins on 01709 834777 or email email@example.com