Lead Game Designer (Hybrid Options)
TT Games – Knutsford, UK
TT Games are looking for an experienced Lead Game Designer with a passion for creating fun, accessible Lego games for younger & family audiences. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the most successful and famous IP's in entertainment, within a company that's a leader in this market.
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind the studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, they have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
They are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join there AAA studio and to be part of everything they do, because they know it is the talent and dedication of their employees that has made 30 years of success possible.
In this role, you will be an inspiring and supportive leader with an open minded and collaborative mindset, excited to help the award-winning TT Games continue to succeed in the next chapter of its story! Reporting to the Design Director, you will be responsible for leadership and day to day management of a section of the design team and ensuring high quality delivery of gameplay features and content.
Alongside the Head of Game & Design Director, you will help to evangelise the game vision, ensuring it is clearly communicated to your team and carried through into the game’s design and implementation.
You will be responsible for several aspects of the game and lead a team of designers to deliver those aspects to high quality, on time, and in line with the creative vision of the game.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Producing and maintaining documentation
- Ensuring that design changes are clearly communicated to all disciplines in the team
- Overseeing, mentoring, and coaching the designers who report to you, as well as working with Production and your direct reports to assign & schedule tasks
- Verifying task estimations provided by more junior staff and guaranteeing reasonable timeframes are provided for planning purposes
- Holding an active role in project planning and ensuring your team are adequately prepared so that meetings can run efficiently.
- Holding regular 1-2-1 meetings with your direct reports, liaising with them on their career and professional development; as well as carrying out formal annual appraisals & goal setting
- Cultivating a culture of professionalism, collaboration, and respect
- Ensuring team members follow agreed development practices as well as ensuring that their own work is properly tested before it is committed to the project
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A passion for creating fun and accessible games for children and families
- A broad knowledge of all aspects of game design with a deep understand of several areas of specialisation, such as game mechanics, level design, combat, balancing, progression, usability, social mechanics, games as a service, etc.
- Extensive background in games development, and as a Lead, shipped at least two action or action/adventure current gen console or PC titles
- Leadership track record, including the running of a multi-person design team; people-management, mentoring, line-management
- Professional history writing high quality design documentation
- Good knowledge of industry trends as they relate to genres, gameplay, development models, and financial models.
- Expertise with UE4 an advantage
Interested? Want to know more?
Please call Lawrie on 01709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org