Lead Game Designer
Sumo Digital – Yorkshire, UK
This studio builds ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including the likes of Microsoft, Sony, Apple, and Sega. Based in the North of England, they have a solid history of cutting-edge development, and a spectacular future of AAA game development ahead that YOU can be a part of!
The team are about to kick-off the development of a brand new console title in the Action genre, so they’re looking for a Game Designer, with the pedigree and experience of delivering AAA multi-platform experiences, to take the helm.
As Lead Game Designer, you will be responsible for the output and development of the game design team; creating, maintaining and evangelising best practices from a game design perspective. In your new role, you will be expected to champion quality across the project, and collaborate with all teams in the delivery of an exciting AAA franchise.
In your new role you will:
- Oversee the creation and implementation of innovative game systems
- Supervise the creation and maintenance of detailed game system documentation
- Review, tweak and balance gameplay
- Help define story and character related documents such as character bio, dialogue, location background and plot points etc
- Accurately assess time required for assigned tasks for game designers
- Troubleshoot design issues from a creative standpoint
- Create new game pitches and present them as required
To be successful you will have:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role and 2+ shipped titles
- A proven ability to breakdown system design goals into individual components
- A proven ability to present ideas to a wide variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical, in a succinct manner
- An excellent understanding of past and current game trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Inspirational leadership skills
You’re interested, right?
Drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777, and we can take things from there!