Lead Game Designer
IO Interactive – Copenhagen, DK
Take aim, slow your breath, and finger on the trigger.
IO Interactive have you in their sights
STOP! This isn't Hitman!
They are looking at YOU to lead the way on a new IP!
As the Lead Game Designer, you’ll be spearheading a team, leading from the front as they execute and develop game design which emphasises the creative vision and direction of the game.
You’ll do this with attention to detail, as well as interdisciplinary collaboration, following the example of other leads, disciplines, and directors. You'll be front and centre when it comes to making things happen.
Your day-to-day tasks will involve the following:
- Lead a team of designers to realise the vision of the game and gameplay directors
- Establish standards for how to document game mechanics and then execute them
- Collaborate with cross discipline teams to implement game systems and gameplay mechanics
- Manage and mentor a team of game designers
- Serve as a conduit between the game management team and design team, ensuring expectations are always clear
- Operate effectively, balancing hands-on implementation and high-level direction
- Maintain and supervise game features and make sure that they are represented properly throughout the game
- Develop rules for reward systems and game achievements
- Deliver content within quality requirements, on schedule, and within technical limitations
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Accomplished Game Designer, with extensive experience working in the video games industry
- At least one published title in a lead or senior capacity
- Practical understanding and experience in the full development cycle of a AAA game
- Know what it takes to go from initial concept to a full, fun, and functional game experience
- Able to manage an in-house team of game designers
- Experienced in giving and receiving direction
- Hands on experience with combat design would be bonus
The studio will offer you in return:
- A chance to be based in either Malmo or Copenhagen
- Full relocation support
- Amazing international studio with colleagues from over 27 nationalities
- Competitive salary and lots of other benefits
Interested in learning more about this role?
Get in touch with me, don’t worry about an up to date CV at this point.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777