Lead Game Designer
Wooga – Berlin, DE
Based in Berlin, Europe's creative tech capital, employees from 40 different nations work together to create high-quality casual games driven by engaging stories at the core of the experience.
Wooga believe that to make outstanding games you not only must love what you do, you must be part of a team with other experts who share your passion for excellence. They are very proud of the professional and creative environment they have established here, and we are confident it will inspire and enable you to do amazing things!
We are looking for an experienced Lead Game Designer for Wooga's enormously successful Hidden Object Game, June’s Journey. Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you want to work in a stable environment that strives for and recognises excellence, and where values like integrity, diversity, and accountability are paramount? Then you need to come check this vacancy out!
What will you do?
- You'll collaborate closely with product managers, developers, artists, and other team stakeholders to create and support exciting new features and live events.
- You'll maintain a holistic view of all aspects of the game’s design, and constantly try to improve the HO scenes, economy, UI & UX, pacing & monetisation, events, content pipelines, and more.
- You'll understand June’s audience, and the market, to ensure that features and content are competitive and engaging. Our players are everything to us!
- You'll work with analysts to study player behaviours and the game’s performance, then use that data to improve KPIs.
Who are you?
- You'll ideally have 8+ years of relevant mobile game and live-ops experience, with at least 4 years in a Lead role.
- You'll have extensive experience with f2p design, best-practice live ops, agile development, and managing a large team of game designers with different areas of specialisation.
- You'll play mobile games and stay current on emerging game trends, new mechanics, and innovative monetisation techniques.
- You'll have strong analytical capabilities, so you seek out f2p KPIs and you know how to drive them. You possess a thorough understanding of game pacing, balancing, and game systems.
- You are constantly looking to improve your skills and are willing to accept and provide constructive criticism.
Does this sound like the opportunity you've been waiting for? Please get in touch with Simon either through email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.