Lead Game Designer (Remote Options)
Yager Development – Berlin, DE
Yager Development are looking for a Lead Game Designer to join their Berlin studio and work on their award-winning title "The Cycle".
In this role, you will be responsible for managing and building a talented and highly motivated team of game designers and support them in their career growth in the company. You’ll be part of the leadership team, working with other leads to tackle high-level issues and ensure Yager is a successful, great place to work.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Building and maintaining a high-output game design department
- Representing the design department at a leadership level, taking ownership of solving departmental problems and advocating for the department’s needs
- Supervising game designers, managing their career growth, and hold regular high-quality one-to-one's
- Mentoring designers on interpersonal skills such as communication, conflict management, and leadership skills
- Facilitating designers’ craft growth through internal and external resources
- Establishing and maintaining a culture of ownership, trust, collaboration, and craft excellence
- Working with direction and team leadership to ensure design resources are allocated properly and designers are empowered to accomplish their work
- Driving recruitment as a Hiring Manager, developing clear job listings and strong interview processes for hiring top talent
- Determining strategy, ensure a strong workplace culture, and bridge communication and alignment between leadership and individual contributors
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 8+ years professional development in the industry, with 3+ years as a lead game designer or similar role
- A fluency in verbal and written English
- Adept at navigating the gaps between individual goals, team goals, and department goals
Bonus points if you have…
- Shipped successful AA/AAA games or work on a live games-as-a-service product
- A strong understanding of modern software development processes
Get in touch for a confidential chat about the role, studio, and culture. Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.