Heard of Star Citizen?
You’re in the games industry… Of course you have. You know the one. The crowd-funded, record shattering title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals. An ambitious and exciting project that’s grown exponentially to over 2,000,000 backers…
The company behind it all, Cloud Imperium Games, are now looking for a number of talented devs to get on board with this project and launch it to the stars! This is your chance to make your mark on one of the most eagerly anticipated titles around and show those 2,000,000 backers what they’ve been waiting for.
You’ll will work with the Animation Director and Facial Animation team to assure the highest quality facial animation result within squadron 42 and Star Citizen.
Here’s what you’ll be doing…
· Review results of the work from internal facial animators and outsource animation teams to assure they meet the quality and style expectations of the project, and provide constructive critique and mentoring to help the facial animators improve their skills
· Collaborate with Animation Director, Design Representatives, Animation Leads, Tech Leads, and Facial Animators on implementing facial animations within the game engine and meeting our high quality bar
· Facilitate weekly reviews with the Animation Director on internal and external work to assure quality bar and style bars are on model
· Create examples of, and work with outsourcing partners to establish and maintain quality standards and assure all facial animation is on-model
· Work with the Facial Animation Producer and Animation Director to develop bids and a deliverable schedule that is able to facilitate work on Squadron 42 and Star Citizen.
You may even get to do some travelling with this role and meet the teams across the globe. How cool is that?
Here are the skills you’ll need…
· 4+ years of professional experience in game development – in a Facial Animation capacity
· Shipped (from pre-production to release) 2-3+, large scale, AAA titles (PC, current/next-gen consoles) in a Lead capacity
· Advanced level of Facial Capture Implementation and polish
· Positive, solution-orientated individual with a passion for game development
· A thorough understanding of animation pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
· Expert knowledge with Maya and other equivalent software
Your application will really stand out from the crowd if you’ve got…
· Knowledge with Lumberyard/CryEngine
· Experience with rigging
· Python/Mel Scripting
· Strong interest in science fiction based themes
So, we think we’ve covered the basics… Want to hear more?
Of course you do.
We’re looking after these roles for Cloud Imperium Games on a fully exclusive basis, they’re not even been advertised on their website! To find out more info you just need to drop firstname.lastname@example.org a line, or give us a call on 01709 834777.