Lead Environment Artist
Ubisoft Reflections – Newcastle, UK
This is your chance to work with an industry-leading studio who have a successful track record of producing critically acclaimed AAA games! With a range of top titles to their name, the studio’s objective is to combine technical expertise, flair, and innovation to create successful and memorable games.
Due to their continued success, they're looking for a Lead Environment Artist to lead, mobilise, and develop an art team within a collaborative multi-disciplinary environment. You'll define and track the schedule for the team, manage and mentor team members, and be a key player in the artistic style of the project.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Develop performance and expertise within the team while furthering your own knowledge and expertise
- Prioritise, plan, and organise your own work and that of your team in conjunction with the Producer
- Be the main contact for a collaborating studio or outsource partner
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project's artistic direction
- Identify and set up best practices
- Report to the Producer/Associate Producer on the progress of work and any issues relating to the project
- Find relevant solutions to problems encountered in your work
- Rapidly integrate strategic changes given by the producer into your team
- Make suggestions that are in-line with the game's marketing position
- Participate and be an active contributor of the Art Board, a studio level initiative where all art leads discuss the requests and needs of their artists at a high level
- Keep open channels of communication across your team/collaborating studio/outsource partner
- Produce schedules alongside the Producer in respect to constraints
- Identify risks within the schedule and suggest changes
- Delegate and assign work to team members using JIRA or other tracking tools used on the project
- Act as a hiring manager to recruit highly skilled talents for the team and the studio
- Hold regular team updates (scrums) and update Producer/Associate Producer
- Manage individual team member’s performance and progress
- Conduct any ad-hoc tasks when required
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed include:
- Good knowledge of modeling techniques and able to create graphic assets expected for the project
- Knowledge of texture mapping and material
- Aware of streaming and LOD systems linked to the engine
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent leadership, team, and people management skills
Interested in learning more about this role?
Get in touch with us!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777