Lead Environment Artist
Airship Images – Lytham, United Kingdom
*** This role comes with an option for a remote start with hybrid working options available***
Due to continued success, Airship Images are now looking for a skilled and experienced Lead Environment Artist, who will be responsible for the creation of dynamic environments that will realise the game's vision. Your technical and practical abilities will be well developed, and you’ll be able to grasp new concepts and programs quickly, as well as participating in R&D of new techniques to implement into the production pipeline.
This is your chance to work for a studio who’ve worked on a number of critically-acclaimed AAA games. Airship Images have brought together some of the most experienced and talented developers, with a vision to create genre-defining titles for a global audience.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Overseeing environments modelling, sculpting, UV mapping, texture creation, and engine implementation
- Collaborating with the Art Director to realise the game's vision within design, technical, and time requirements
- Communicating actively with the concept art and rigging departments to ensure characters look their best in-game
- Inspiring other team members by being a positive force through both communication and execution
The skills and experience you'll need to succeed…
- 4+ years of experience in game development as an Environment Artist
- 1+ shipped project as a credited Environment Artist
- Exceptional hard surface modelling skills, and a keen interest for design functionality
- A proven expertise in current generation PBR texturing workflows
- A Deep understanding of real time constraints such as topology, efficient UV layout, and limited shaders
- An eye for environment design through the lens of shape language, proportions, value, and colour
- A mastery of industry-standard real-time workflows using Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop
Want to learn more about this exciting position or the Airship Images?
Get in touch with me for a confidential chat!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777