If you're a lead Engineer or a Senior that's looking for a step up to head up a pioneering MMO, this could be just the role for you! You would be joining the CCP family of studios, world renowned for their work on EVE Online. This is your chance to lead their dev team as they embark into the F2P mobile space, developing a highly anticipated title for one of the worlds most passionate gaming communities.
As Lead Engineer you will build, inspire and manage an agile team of Server, Client and DevOps engineers to deliver a pioneering mobile MMO with a feature rich and performant online world. Responsible for the overall engineering strategy of the project, the role requires a strong understanding of game development processes to determine the best approach to software infrastructure and systems architecture as well as workflows and pipelines.
I am looking for: –
• An experienced engineer with understanding of the full mobile tech stack and a wide appreciation of game development tools, technologies and best practices. You should be comfortable working on a complex code-base, developing gameplay features, graphics solutions, UI implementations and tools. The role requires a strong sense of how to architect a game the right way while continually seeking out new approaches to tackle challenging problems.
• A pragmatic organiser accustomed to the full sprint lifecycle with experience establishing roadmaps, evaluating time estimates and appraising technical strategies. Interpreting feature designs and seeing a concept through implementation to launch and live operations is a key component of this role. You should be passionate about games-as-a-service and developing strategies for their support, security and stability.
• A strong leader who will drive a high bar of excellence for their team by establishing coding standards and encouraging the adoption of robust engineering practices. You will be skilled in mentoring team members by evaluating their technical skills, delegating tasks and setting expectations to develop their talent over the long term.
• An accessible collaborator who can work closely with leads from cross-functional disciplines (art, design, production) to define and deliver the product vision. The Lead Engineer will ensure that technical proposals and progress can be clearly communicated to internal and external stakeholders as well as maintaining strong relationships with technical partners and industry peers.
• Held a senior role for the full development lifecycle of at least one live mobile multiplayer title
• Strong engineering and programming experience within a client-server environment
• Proficiency with Java/Java VM languages (especially Scala) and modern web frameworks
• Working knowledge of Unity and C#
• Expertise with modern databases and cloud environments (especially AWS and MongoDB)
Highly Desirable: –
• Experience developing free-to-play games with over 1m MAU
• Competence with analytics and monitoring services (especially Datadog and New Relic)
• Understanding of automated deployment and the maintenance of high-volume services
Interested? Get in touch! – Jordan@aswift.com // +44 (0) 1709 834 777