Lead Engine Programmer
Smilegate – Barcelona, Spain
Smilegate have big aspirations for their first release, and require a Lead Engine Programmer to join their team to manage the established team of Engine Developers.
When it comes to exciting projects, great places to work and being based in one of the best places to live, Smilegate score highly. They're still a relatively new entity in Europe but are part of the incredibly successful South Korean studio of the same name; they have been quietly building their first AAA over the last year.
You will be working hand in conjunction with all other departments to identify specific needs and build a structure that supports rapid prototyping while keeping code stability in the long term. Co-ordinating with QA, Build Engineers and Level Design team to define the best coding processes that balances rapid iteration with stability.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Coordinating the Engine coders, establishing code guidelines, code structure and performance budgets
- Communicating with console manufacturers to understand and get the best of the latest generation hardware.
- Continuously monitoring the performance of all game systems.
- Helping build up a world class engine programming team by being involved in interviewing and hiring process
- Embodying a mentor, guide and leadership role for your team of handpicked coders
- Providing meaningful, constructive feedback to your team through team meetings, 1 on 1 sessions and 360 feedback
- Being on top of the personal development goals of your coders, making sure there is always a healthy environment that fosters learning
The skills and experience you'll need…
- The ability to operate at high and low level – capable of hands-on work as well as leader and mentor to your team
- A strong understanding of Unreal engine and how to expand it
- A grasp on all game engine systems to work with and discuss needs from other departments and generate cost-effective pipelines
- A deep desire to build up a world-class engine team
You'll also need…
- A proven track record with credits on at least 2 shipped AAA games either as Senior / Lead Engine programmer
- Experience and deep working knowledge on building
- game engine components.
- A specialisation with Unreal Engine in a modern console environment
- Innovative thinking and creative problem solving skills
- An ability to work in highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment
- A strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools.
- An ability to lead and delegate as required.
Just some of the benefits Smilegate offer include…
- 23 vacation days per year + Christmas Holiday
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday
- Ticket restaurant
- Sanitas private Health insurance include dental coverage
- Wise Corner Session
- Nespresso coffee, organic fruit and other beverages
- Company parties and events
- Friday drinks
- Relocation Package and work permit support (when needed)
- Special tax regime support (taxation of 24% Spanish )
This is an incredible opportunity to be part of something that could catapult your career, for more info contact me on email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.