Lead Engine Programmer
Smilegate – Barcelona, ES
Smilegate Barcelona are on the search for a Lead Engine programmer to lead a team of highly skilled engine programmers to perform in the most effective way, fostering a culture that balances productivity, innovation learning, and healthy communication.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working hand-in-hand with all other departments to identify specific needs and build a structure that supports rapid prototyping while keeping code stability in the long term.
- Coordination with QA, Build Engineers, and Level Design team to define the best coding processes that balance rapid iteration with stability
- Being the representative and champion for the Engine coding team to all other parties
- Managing Engine coders and establishing code guidelines, code structure and performance budgets
- Communicating with console manufacturers to understand and get the best of the latest generation hardware
- Continuously monitoring the performance of all game systems.
- Participating in the establishment of a world-class Engine Programming team by being involved in interviewing and hiring process
- Acting as the mentor, guide, and leader of your team of handpicked coders
- Providing meaningful feedback to your team through team meetings, 1 on 1 sessions, and 360 feedback
- Handling the personal development goals of your coders, making sure there is always a healthy environment that fosters learning
The skills and experience you'll need…
- An ability to operate at a high and low level – capable of hands-on work as well as leader and mentor to your team
- A comprehensive understanding of the Unreal engine and how to expand it
- A firm grasp of all game engine systems to work with and discuss needs from other departments and generate cost-effective pipelines
- A deep desire to build up a world-class engine team
- An excellent track record, with credits on at least 2 shipped AAA games either as Senior / Lead Engine programmer
- Working knowledge on building Game Engine components.
- Unreal Engine expertise in a modern console environment
- Innovative thinker with creative problem-solving skillset
- You thrive in a highly collaborative, interdisciplinary, iterative environment
- Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools
- An ability to lead and delegate as required
Just some of the benefits of working with Smilegate include…
- 23 vacation days per year and Christmas Holiday
- Flexible Working Hours & Flexible Friday
- Restaurant Tickets
- Private Health insurance including dental coverage
- Breakfast in the Office
- Company parties and events
- Relocation package and VISA support.
Smilegate want to attract the best, and provide a financial package to do so, including full relocation assistance!
If this sounds like the challenge you’re looking for then get it touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777