Lead Core Tech Programmer
Codemasters – Cheshire, UK
Codemasters' studio, based in Cheshire, have an amazing opportunity for a Lead Software Engineer to join the team responsible for the critically acclaimed Dirt 5.
The team have been hard at work supporting Dirt 5 since its launch with plenty of additional content but are about to take on a new, very high-profile project with a significant budget, that is going to see their Cheshire studio grow exponentially. Not only that, Cheshire has a rich development history and has been a recognised hub of talent within the North-West for decades.
As the Lead Core Tech Engineer, you will be responsible for leading, developing, motivating and managing a team of software engineers while collaborating with other teams on the project. This role will not solely be focussed on managing however, and you will have plenty of opportunity to get involved with the day-to-day coding side of things. As a generalist programmer, you will be afforded a high degree of autonomy that will enable you to get involved with a wide range of specialisations such as CPU optimisation, memory management, IO and Network, amongst others, and help support your team accordingly.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Leading and managing a programming team at technical and personal level
- Mentoring junior programmers in the team and planning their skill development
- Helping in setting up best practices for coding and conduct regular code reviews.
- Establishing processes while working in collaboration with other teams (internal or external) to efficiently meet the technical needs of the project
- Planning and evaluating the work performed by team and analyse the impact on the project
- Identifying risks involved with the development of the project and provide solutions to resolve complex problems
- Providing estimate time to complete programming task/objectives and be committed to meet them
Codemasters is committed to promoting personal development, whilst offering a substantial benefits package including…
- Annual performance reviews and bonus schemes
- Enhanced pension
- Private healthcare and dental plans for you and your family
- Discounted employee share scheme
- 10 free games per year and new console allowance and much more!
Contact Philip Boltt at Aardvark Swift on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org