Lead (Core) Game Designer
Guerrilla Games – Amsterdam, NL
Are you an exceptionally talented Lead Game Designer who likes the sound of joining a well-established and growing studio in the vibrant heart of cultural Amsterdam?
In your new role as Lead (Core) Game Designer, you will manage and oversee the design and development of key gameplay features and mechanics on a brand-new open-world title. It's already shaping up to be a massive future hit around the world.
You will be leading a dedicated and talented Core Game Design team that has designed and developed many key gameplay features and mechanics that have formed the heart of several ground-breaking first and third person action titles.
Your day-to-day will include tasks and responsibilities such as:
- Oversee the design and development of key gameplay features and mechanics
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to design, validate, and amend high-level design concepts, features and assets (effeciently and to a high standard)
- Evaluate the game and playtest results, presenting and discussing analyses with the Game Director
- Collaborate on plans to increase game and feature quality
- Work alongside the data analytics and player research teams to further the understanding of the player experience and quality
- Manage, organise and mentor the Core Game Design team (five people)
If you have the following skills and XP, we'd love to hear from you:
- Shipped at least one action/open-world game with critical acclaim
- 10+ years experience in a Senior Design role and approximately 5+ years experience in leading and mentoring a team
- A deep understanding of all the various aspects and phases of game development, from early concepts to post-launch support
Bonus XP if you have experience working on an open-world console / PC game!
Sound like a role you'd be interested in? Get in touch with Simon Hope to learn more!
Email email@example.com or give us a call on +44 (0)1709 834777