Lead Combat Designer
Do you fancy a move to gorgeous Hamburg with some of Europe's best art galleries, concert halls, nature reserves and restaurants at your fingertips? You'll be able to get the beers in too without feeling the pinch on your pocket as your new employer will be helping you out with the move… leaving you to explore your new city at ease!
You'll be joining an established team of over 80 people, working from state-of-the-art facilities in the centre of Hamburg. This vibrant metropolitan location also leaves you a short hop from Berlin, meaning you can also explore Germany's capital city at your leisure on a weekend.
In this specific role, you will lead a small Combat Design developing a grandiose Space Shooter for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This crew that you will be leading will consist of Designers and also Programmers who are set out to create fantastic gameplay experiences and great combat encounters.
- Work as part of the design team and take responsibility for features, systems, and content.
- Provide mentoring and feedback to other designers and report to directors.
- Collaborate with the other department leads to ensure everyone is on the right path towards the same goal.
- Work with production to assist and provide feedback on high-level plans and schedules.
- Gather and provide effective and constructive feedback to the creative staff.
- 7+ years of experience in core gameplay design roles
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize, pitch, and implement game systems and features using various tools, technology, and visual language
- Ability to direct, collaborate, and speak critically on gameplay systems, art, and content development
- A clear understanding of the creative and game development processes
- Have an insight into current game trends
- 5+ years of experience in combat design roles
- Experience managing, and/or mentoring others
- Additional experience such as in coding, level design, UI, art and/or audio
Sounds good? For more info call Sol on +44 (0)1709 834777 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org