Lead Cinematic Animator
Build a Rocket Boy – Edinburgh, UK
I'm looking for a Lead Cinematic Animator to be part of something huge!
The project you'll be working on is one of the biggest and best-kept secrets in the industry.
Very little information on this project has been released so far, but it is an open-world AAA project with a unique twist! The project has the backing of some seriously talented and experienced industry veterans, you will be joining this huge project right at the beginning, getting the chance to leave your mark on this future classic!
You will be joining a highly skilled team, with a large budget and collaborating closely with the Lead Animator. You'll be creating high-quality and believable character animations, ensuring that each animation has the right energy and mood.
As Lead Cinematic Animator you will work closely with riggers, animation tech artists, and cinematic animators to create engaging and compelling cinematics. You will also support the cinematics team in a variety of ways, applying your experience in real-time cinematics to lead, assist and mentor colleagues.
Your responsibilities will include…
- Supporting the entire creative process; from initial prototyping to final delivery
- Managing the cinematic animation process, ensuring best practices are followed and where possible improved
- Create high quality animations on characters, facial, props and vehicles for cinematics
- On-board and mentor other members of the team, while leveraging experienced senior members of the team to achieve high quality results
- Collaborate with other disciplines inside and outside of the Cinematic team
- Work and interface with external partners where necessary
- Be the go-to person for cinematic animation
- Review and provide feedback o the teams cinematic animation work
- Ensure that cinematic animation work functions as intended in the game
The key skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- Previous experience in a leadership position
- background of working on AAA games cinematics
- Expert knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder or similar packages
Your new home city of Edinburgh has everything on offer, from culture, the arts, and a wealth of historic importance, to some of the best nightlife the country has to offer! Scotland's game scene has a rich history and has been thriving year-on-year. Of course, I should also mention that Scotland boasts some of the best scenery and mountains in the world!
Want to learn more about this position?
Get in touch with me for a confidential chat!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777