Lead Character Artist
Build A Rocket Boy – Edinburgh, UK
Build A Rocket Boy are looking for an experienced Lead Character Artist, specialising in stylised character art, with a proven track record of delivering world-class games.
You will play a key role in driving the quality and vision for characters in their project; being the point of contact and spearheading asset development under the guidance of the Character Director. You will collaborate with other Directors in the studio to deliver on exciting and genre defining briefs.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an ambitious AAA project with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventures. They are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best-selling and most loved games of all time. They're a creative studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
Your role and responsibilities will include...
- Mentoring a team of Character Artists and being accountable for delivering stunning stylised AAA characters for their world
- Creating industry leading stylised assets, setting the bar by providing benchmarks and leading by example
- Managing external relationships, providing feedback to drive quality and maintain a consistent vision for the characters
- Working with Technical Artists to create, improve, and maintain pipelines, shepherding assets efficiently through development
- Setting budgets and document workflows, empowering other artists to deliver inspiring character assets
- Collaborating with Programmers, Technical Artists and Riggers to help implement and optimise impressive runtime assets
- Being a team player, open to taking and offering feedback
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 3+ years of professional development in a similar position, with at least 1 shipped title under your belt
- In-depth knowledge of character art principles
- Expertise with character creation software (e.g. Zbrush, Substance, Maya etc)
- Hands on background with Unreal Engine or other similar game engines
- Self-organised and interested in improving the character development process
- Capable of meeting schedules and committing to delivery dates, as well as helping the team to achieve milestone goals
- Strong communication skillset, with an ability to work cross departmentally to deliver remarkable character assets
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal
Build A Rocket Boy have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and they will consider remote candidates.
Interested? Want to know more?
Contact Jordan at email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1709 834777.