Lead Artist (Remote Options)
Magnopus – St Albans, UK
Magnopus are looking for a Lead Artist to work with their global team on the creation of the content and platforms needed to blur the lines between the physical and digital, connecting people and empowering them with the inspiration and tools to create a better future.
Magnopus is a spatial design & innovation company who want to fill the world with great experiences that bridge the physical & digital divide.
As a Lead Artist, you will be…
- Translating the Art Director’s creative vision for their projects into achievable plans and implementing these with the Art team
- Working with the Art Director and discipline leads to manage both internal and external projects effectively towards creative, quality, technical and budgetary goals
- Identifying and employing the appropriate tools for proving art style and setting the quality bar
- Autonomously identifying opportunities & mitigating risks
- Working with team leadership to improve working practices on a project and discipline basis
- Involved in the identification of and liaising with vendors, briefing and reviewing outsourced art
- Actively mentoring and developing direct reports
- Leading the recruitment process for the 3D Art team
For this role, you'll need…
- Ability to demonstrate and intelligently discuss effective teamwork, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both internally to the Art Department and externally with other departments and/or clients, with the ability to give, receive and act on constructive feedback/critique
- Self-managerial capabilities, planning your own work & that of the team
- A superb understanding of the technical considerations of authoring real-time digital content; including lighting, shaders, performance, and related rendering technology
- Expert knowledge of at least one of the art sub-disciplines and can speak intelligently to a multi-disciplined team
- To demonstrate a passion for and willingness to explore new skills and techniques
- A portfolio demonstrating superb ability with industry standard 3D modelling packages & scene construction skills with real-time lighting, colour grading & post processing work, executed in a technically performant manner (UE4 and/or Unity)
- Knowledge & practical application of art fundamentals, especially lighting, composition, shape language & colour theory
- The ability to create a broad range of visual styles in 2D & 3D
This role offers both hybrid or remote working.
Interested in hearing more?
Get in touch with email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1709 834 777