Dovetail – Kent, UK
Dovetail Games are looking for a Lead Artist to drive the quality, technical excellence, and artistic vision of Dovetail Games fishing games! Working closely with both the Executive Producer and Art Director, the successful candidate will be set the visual bar and steer the development of the product.
Dovetail Games are passionate about empowering people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver on their vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
Their studio is situated on the river-front in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. Dovetail are growing fast, developing games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms.
Dovetail employees can be based “where they do their best work” from either their HQ or from their home (UK based only / VISA sponsorship available). However occasional travel to HQ office will be required for key meetings and events.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Defining the visual quality targets for the team to achieve
- Establishing and assisting in the implementation of class leading tools and technology in conjunction with the Technical Artist and engineering team
- Effectively communicating with other members of the team including the Lead Programmer, Development Manager and Director of Product Development
- Managing and mentoring the team in the use of key software packages and best practices
- Creating high quality art assets in game
- Co-ordinating tasks and resource allocation with the Executive Producer
- Setting art schedules and tracking progress with the Development Manager
The skills and experience that you'll need…
- 5 years plus of professional development in the gaming industry
- Credits on at least 1 shipped AAA title in a Lead position
- Excellent professional knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- A familiarity with Houdini beneficial
- Expertise with 3D Studio Max, Maya and other industry standard art tools
- An ability to create art assets to a high standard
- An aptness in the management and mentoring of a team of artists
- Good understanding of CG techniques and technologies
Just some of the benefits of working with Dovetail Games include…
- The opportunity to have a direct and significant impact on the future of their games
- A challenging but supportive work environment
- An industry leading work-life balance
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- My Rewards benefits package including health cash plan, cycle to work, eyecare and tech
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.
Want to learn more about this position?
Don't hesitate to get in touch!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +441709 834777