Lead Animator (Remote)
Rocksteady – London, UK
***This role can be worked from either their London studio, or remotely from anywhere within the UK***
How would you like to be the new Lead Animator at Rocksteady and have your name associated with some of the most successful IPs to hit the games market in recent years?
The studio is recognised for being the powerhouse behind the acclaimed Batman Arkham series and as the new Lead Animator you will be working on the studio's upcoming AAA title Suicide Squad!
This role can be worked from anywhere in the UK with no compulsory studio visits. Or, should you prefer a studio based environment you can choose to work on-site in the studio's state-of-the-art London offices.
Rocksteady are looking for an experienced lead with a strong track record of leading teams of animators.
Ideally, you will have credits working on AAA titles.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Managing and developing individuals within the Gameplay Animation team to ensure they are achieving the best results, are happy, and set up to excel within the studio
- Working closely with the Animation Director to lead the Gameplay Animation teams to produce world-class animation for titles, which will include dedicating a portion of time throughout the milestones to produce content for the game
- Liaison with the production team to create schedules/roadmaps for the gameplay animation teams, delivering across the stages of the project
- Managing the gameplay animation backlogs, bugs, and risks in an effective manner, to ensure the smooth running of the department throughout the project
- Scoping, managing, and running the outsource plans for gameplay animation when required
- Assembling benchmark internal asset packs and documentation
- Quality control and providing clear and regular feedback
- Liaison with key members of staff and dependency departments, to identify workflow issues and potential requirements
- Overseeing the creation and maintenance of all relevant documentation for the project(s), including naming & terminology for all gameplay animation assets and folder structures
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Extensive track record in Gameplay Animation within a Leadership position
- An outstanding showreel to demonstrate your skills
- Credits working on AAA titles
Want to learn more about this studio and project?
Call Dan Hawkins on +441709 834 777 or email email@example.com