EA Motive – Montreal, Canada
EA Motive are looking for a Lead Gameplay Animator to join their team of passionate creators, reporting to the Development Director. You will be joining a brand new team at EA Motive, so this is your chance to contribute to and improve the project in its early stages.
As a Lead Gameplay Animator, you will work with the Animation Director and the animation team to set the animation quality standards for the team. You will also be involved in developing gameplay features in collaboration with designers, technical animators and programmers.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Leading the daily efforts for a group of animators including setting direction and tasks
- Working with outsourcing partners to establish standards, work to be completed, and reviewing their work
- Authoring high-quality keyframe animations that will set the standard for the team and partners
- Utilising motion capture data where necessary, and enhancing it to match the visual aesthetics of the project
- Designing in-game systems to balance animation quality targets and gameplay responsiveness, seeing it through by resolving any technical or aesthetic issues that may arise
- Providing feedback and inspiration to junior animators and promote the animation direction and philosophy across the entire team
- Working with technical animators to establish character rig needs, and push tools and workflows to the next level
- Promote communication and collaboration with peers across varying disciplines
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 5+ years professional development in game animation
- A proficiency in all relevant software such as Maya and Motion Builder
- Expertise in leading the daily efforts for a group of animators
- Credits on at least one AAA title where you had ownership of parts of player or AI animation content, including in-game implementation
- Experience in at least one game engine, with knowledge of how to work with multiple animation systems (e.g. state machines or graphs, locomotion systems, etc)
EA Motive prides themselves on a studio that provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for their game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. Here, you will play a significant role in making the extraordinary. You'll also help shape their culture – everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
If you’re interested in this role, don’t hesitate, get in touch with Jasmin Ali now! email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +441709834777