Lead Animator (Gameplay and Cinematics)
No Code – Glasgow, UK
Fancy working on a huge IP for next-gen consoles, with a team that was awarded one of the 'Best Places to Work' by gamesindustry.biz?
No Code studios are a small team that has a track record for independently developing amazingly successful games. Observation, their most recent release just last year for PC and console, picked up multiple BAFTA awards!
For this role, you will be joining an established team with an array of AAA experience, from top-notch studios such as Rockstar, Creative Assembly, Ubisoft, and CD Projekt Red. Right at the early stages of production on their most ambitious project yet, you'll be helping to create their own take on a globally recognised property.
As their new Lead Animator, you will be working with experienced animators and technical animators on their biggest title to date. Please note, as this lead position is within a small team, this will be a very hands-on role. Very little management responsibilities will need to be undertaken, such as scheduling and person management, as they will fall to other people within the studio. Your role will be to lead by example and be an advocate for the studio's animation efforts.
Based in Glasgow, No Code offers a flexible work pattern, in a trusted and professional environment.
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- Provide support, feedback, and technical guidance to the animation department, and lead the charge on the development of tools, pipelines, and processes
- Work with the Creative Director in blocking out scenes and gameplay content, as well as planning and executing motion capture shoots and tracking their production
- Lead by example and create high quality, nuanced, and realistic animations using both motion captured data and keyframing, for cinematic and gameplay use
- Seek out new techniques and learn from examples in order to push the quality bar as high as possible within the scope of the project
- Work with an array of tools, both outsourced and innovative internal solutions, to generate mocap and facial animation data
- Review and feedback on the animation team's work to ensure quality and consistency across the board
- Collaborate closely with designers and programmers on in-game implementation
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- 5+ years working in games animation, ideally with a shipped AAA title
- Strong knowledge of Maya and Motionbuilder, with experience working in Unreal highly beneficial
- Experience with both keyframe and mocap animations
No Code offers a great benefits package, meaning that in return you'll receive:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours in a Glasgow-based studio
- 33 days holiday per year
- Gym membership
- Life insurance
And that's only naming a handful of the perks and benefits on offer here!
Does this sound exciting?
Want to learn more about this studio and this role?
Get in touch with us!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777