Anitmatter Games – Cornwall, UK
Are you an experienced Lead Animator, or looking to make that step up, with a passion for your discipline and a background supporting your peers? Are you a strong coach, an organised person with a great skill level in 3D animation and Unreal Engine?
Do you want to work in a beautiful, low stress, team focused company with passionate developers on projects that will challenge your creativity? Then Antimatter Games wants to hear from you!
Reporting to the Managing Director, and responsible for Leading their team of animators across two projects, you’ll look to improve the animation processes, and work with other Leads to make fantastic 'moving parts' for their upcoming online first-person shooter, ’83, and the first person cold-war spy thriller I.G.I. Origins.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Being the point person, key advocate and voice for animation in the studio
- Managing, supporting, mentoring and developing the animation team
- Contributing to the studio's internal dialogues on various animation issues and giving feedback and suggestions to other animators on their work
- Acting as the key driver and agent of change to improve processes, prototype new tools, example levels and workflows for the animation department
- Working closely with other animators and contributing to their development, helping with mentoring.
- Understanding the high-level vision of the game and translating this to animation standards that can be used by others in the game
- Identifying and managing risks for animation within the schedule by liaising with Production
- Gathering, processing and appropriately implementing animation feedback from internal and external playtesting
- Writing documentation as needed for animations, and for animator support and training
- Collaborating with the Cinematic and Animation teams to create high-quality animations for gameplay and cinematics
- Animating realistic characters, including facial animations, using keyframe and motion capture pipelines
- Overseeing motion capture performance recording in-house
- Handling motion capture data and deliver final cleaned up animation in a game ready state.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A background leading and supporting other Animators in Senior or Lead role
- Proficiency in Keyframe and Motion capture software and working methods
- Familiarity with motion-capture animation and the facial pipeline for games
- Adept with Maya and Motion builder
- An understanding of and can implement gameplay animations from concept to game engine
- Comprehensive knowledge animation pipeline from design to deployment
- An ability to receive and apply critique on your work
- Adept at working to a deadline and managing your own time
- 3+ years of professional development in game animation with at least one shipped title
- A specialisation in Unreal Engine 4
- An enthusiastic, methodical and organised approach to work, with high quality standards
- A keenness to document and explain work clearly and concisely
- An intuition for human anatomy and the visual arts.
- Good interpersonal and communication skillset and an ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Interested in this role? Want to know more? Get in touch with Simon Hope on 01709 834777 or email@example.com