EA Motive – Burnaby, Canada
I'm working with Electronic Arts to find a Lead Animator to join the EA Motive studio.
As the Lead Animator you will work with the Animation Director and the wider animation team to set the quality standards for animation. You will also be involved in developing gameplay features in collaboration with designers, technical animators and programmers.
You will lead a skilled group of animators, setting the team's direction and tasks and work with the studio's outsourcing partners, setting standards, the work to be completed and reviewing their work.
As the Lead you will author high-quality keyframe animations that will set the standard for the team and studio partners, and you will also design systems in-game to balance animation quality targets and gameplay responsiveness.
You can also expect to…
- Use motion capture data and enhance it to match the visual aesthetics of the project
- Provide feedback and inspiration to junior animators and promote the animation direction and philosophy across the entire team
- Work with technical animators to establish our character rig needs, and push our tools and workflows to the next level
- Promote communication and collaboration with peers across varying disciplines
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- 5+ years game animation experience
- Proficient in all relevant software such as Maya and Motion Builder
- Experience leading the daily efforts for a group of animators
- Credited on at least one AAA title where you had ownership of parts of Player or AI animation content, including in-game implementation
- Experience in at least one game engine, with knowledge of how to work with multiple animation systems (e.g. state machines or graphs, locomotion systems, etc)
EA Motive take pride in being an inclusive studio that provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for their development teams to be able to release their creativity across huge titles, franchises and brands. At EA Motive you can play a significant role in making the extraordinary and help shape the studio culture.
To find out more about the role and studio, contact Jasmin for a confidential chat.
email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.