Lead AI Engineer
Build a Rocket Boy – Edinburgh, UK
How does working on one of the most mysterious projects in gaming sound? From their minimalist website, to the numerous rumours surrounding the project, this new studio, founded by true industry pioneers, has got the gaming community’s heart beating.
As a Lead AI Engineer, you will be leading a team of engineers developing world leading AI for…well…we don’t know yet! It is all very hush hush. While the rumours swirl, one thing we can be certain of is that you will be a driving force for developing this genre defining AI.
Your experience with C++ and AI skills will be of extreme importance to the project, as well as the ability to work closely with designers to produce engaging, exciting, and innovative gameplay.
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Experienced with C++
- Excellent awareness of AI specific paradigms and algorithms, including performance and trade-offs of different approaches
- Extensive algorithm and data structure skills (including time and space complexity with real-world vs theoretical performance)
- Able to tune AI systems, based on high level design input, with minimal assistance
- Understand and utilise multi-threading primitives
- Confident with and can utilise high level networking concepts
Your day-to-day will involve tasks such as:
- The delivery of high quality AI systems by the team
- Prioritise, plan, and manage the work of the team with minimal oversight
- Define the technical direction and develop innovative solutions for difficult AI problems
- Work closely with other programming disciplines to integrate AI with other systems
- Mentor junior members of the AI programming team and communicate clearly with other team members with minimal external help
Interested in learning more about this role or this studio?
Get in touch with us for an informal chat, no need to update that CV just yet!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777