Junior Release Manager
Curve Digital – London, CA
Could you see yourself working an exciting and varied role with a large developer-publisher based in London? We certainly can!
As an established independent games publisher, Curve Digital had its most successful year yet in 2019, and they're now expanding their team. This position is within their brand new Release department. You would be joining their new Release Manager to help put a process in place for the submission and release of a large range of different published titles.
Based in central London, this developer-publisher has been creating top-class games since 2013. They are one of the world's leading publishers of PC and console games for titles that are played all over the globe! From celebrated indie classics such as Bomber Crew and For the King, through to multi-million selling smash hits like Human: Fall Flat.
In 2019, Curve Digital won both 'Publishing Star' at the Develop: Star Awards and 'Indie Game Publisher of the Year' at the MCV Awards. You'll definitely be in the right place for your work to be appreciated and seen.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Support on QA and Production submissions by uploading builds / patches / DLC to platform-holders
- Liaise with Production and QA to ensure that certification documentation is accurate (e.g. MDT forms)
- Schedule 1st party QA according to internal timeframes
- Aid with Production queries on TRCs and give guidance on back-end resources
- Aid with alternative submission tasks, e.g. creating soundtracks for Steam
- Submit releases and patches
- Perform file transfer and maintenance on FTP server
- Responsible for organising files and archiving products
- Support on metadata and storefronts
- Localise marketing approved text with localisation agencies / Testronic
- Input metadata into the various back-end storefronts
- Make amends to metadata text as required / per update / fix / language addition
- Upload creatives onto storefronts as required / per update / fix / addition
- Manage submitted archives of metadata / creatives for future reference
- Support on Marketing and Sales submissions by submitting sales and discounts on 1st party portals
- Add sales to internal promo calendar and make this visible to key stakeholders
- Update release schedules and planners (Microsoft Projects or Gannt) as needed when performing duties above
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Experience of working at a publisher or a self-publishing developer in the video games industry
- Strong knowledge of gaming platforms including PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, Steam, Epic, Stadia, and Amazon
- Knowledge of submission processes
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Knowledge of compliance processes such as TRCs
- Experience submitting games to various storefronts such as Epic Game Store, Playstation, Nintendo, Xbox, Stadia, or Amazon.
Does this sound exciting?
Want to learn more?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777