Supermassive Games – Guildford, UK
Supermassive Games are looking for a talented Junior Animator to join them and help craft high-end cinematic horror-games! In this role, you will be involved in all aspects of the animation pipeline, from performance capture editing to hand key monsters. From realistic facial animation to stunts and deaths. From cinematic to in-game animations.
Supermassive Games are a BAFTA-winning, independent game developer with a reputation for innovation in storytelling and VR. Best known for the critically acclaimed PS4 hit Until Dawn and The Dark Pictures Anthology.
They are constantly looking to take on new projects and grow, as well as push the boundaries in their established IPs. Supermassive want to create games people will love, cherish and remember. As such, they are always on the lookout for new talent to help them on their journey and become a part of that journey.
For this role, you will need…
- Key-frame animation portfolio showcasing principles and fundamentals of animation
- A focus on delivering a great game experience
- An ability to collaborate with other disciplines such as environment, character, lighting and VFX artists, engineering and game designers
- Willingness to give and receive constructive feedback in order to improve and grow
- Experience with Maya
Bonus points if you have…
- MotionBuilder experience
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4
- A background with motion capture editing
- The ability to create realistic bipedal animation
- Knowledge of realistic facial animation
- The ability to create realistic quadruped (and other animal) animation
- Experience animating mythical beasts such as dragons or other monsters
- Technical animation skills such as rigging, skinning and scripting
This is a junior role, and you will be given time to, and expected to, learn on the job and up-skill as needed. As a starting point, your portfolio should demonstrate a love for animation and the ability to create high-quality work
Just some of the benefits of working with Supermassive include…
- Making big games with small teams, playing a full and active role
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- Supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture
- Work-life balance
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Joe at +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email email@example.com now!