Head of Production (Remote)
Team Adopt Me! – London, United Kingdom
Team Adopt Me! are looking for a talented and experienced Head of Production to lead the product department. As a seasoned production lead and member of senior management, you will steer the production strategy, along with line-manage and mentor your team. The studio is a place where diverse and talented people are empowered to bring joy to the lives of millions of players, and as a manager, you will play a key role in supporting and inspiring the team.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Steering production vision, strategy, and roadmaps alongside Producers to keep projects on track
- Line-managing your production and product direct reports, while liaising with other managers to plan the studio's workload to avoid crunch and ensure team members can enjoy a good work-life balance
- Mentoring your direct reports, ensuring everyone is growing by sharing your expansive production knowledge with Producers
- Getting hands-on, personally filling gaps in production and solving day-to-day problems while formalising production structure and filling vacancies.
- Recruiting talented Producers while retaining existing team members
- Championing production best practices in our interdisciplinary agile product teams
- Establishing cohesive relationships with other department leads, ensuring inter-departmental communication is collaborative and effective
- Cultivating an environment where feedback and constructive criticism is welcomed and regularly shared between team members in order to improve yourself and others
- Fostering a sense of team unity and ensure our workplace is welcoming to all, regardless of background
The skills and experience you'll need…
- An extensive background in production, including an expertise in a wide range of production tools, processes, and methodologies.
- An acute awareness of past, present, and emerging trends in production with an academic-like curiosity for production theory
- An excitement for the prospect of leading and shaping a team and being part of the leadership of the studio at a thrilling stage of their evolution
- A track record with the inclusion of managerial roles
- Expertise in live service, multiplayer, multiplatform games
- Excellent communication for both internal and external audiences, being not only a great presenter but also an empathetic listener
- A self-direction attitude with the ability to manage both your own workload and that of your team in a remote environment
- Previous firs-hand knowledge of working with an international and/or remote team
- A love games that translates to having a good intuition for what players want, because you’re a passionate player yourself
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience in a young studio that rapidly scaled up
- A background with AAA studios/publishers
- An understanding of Roblox tools and community
- Direct academic or professional experience as any of these roles: Product Manager, Game Designer, Data Scientist, QA Tester, or other product team discipline. Because our leadership and Producer teams are small, you will line-manage not only Producers but also a limited number of others from our product teams while the studio scales up.
- Some understanding of employment best practices in the US and UK
Adopt Me is the #1 game on the Roblox platform (mobile / PC / Xbox) with over 60 Million players logging in each month. With 1 in 4 US children aged 9-12 playing, Adopt Me is not only the cutest pet adoption roleplay game on Roblox but also one of the most consequential social experiences for this next generation. Adopt Me is made by a small team with a huge community, so to push the limits of scale and innovation, they are expanding their leadership team.
It is essential that the successful candidate values diversity and wants to work alongside talented people from marginalised groups. Team Adopt Me are explicitly a trans, LGBTQIA+, BIPOC / BAME and disability positive team and you will be an active supporter of all team members.
Team Adopt Me are fully remote, so you will have the ability to work from anywhere in the UK. Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without visa sponsorship.
Interested in this role? Get in touch with Jess Galvin for more information about the role, studio and their culture.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call +441709834777