Graphics Software Engineer
Ballistic Moon – Farnborough, UK
***Remote Options Available***
Are you an experienced Graphics/Rendering Software Engineer who would relish the challenge of working with next gen consoles? Do you have what it takes to oversee the rendering pipeline for an exciting AAA IP from birth through to release across multiple platforms?
You'll be responsible for building the renderer to support cutting-edge technologies and techniques on Playstation 5, PC and beyond. The role will see you collaborating closely with the Lead Programmer and Director of Technology, and also working cross disciplines in conjunction with colleagues in design, art and production.
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- 5+ years of graphics experience in C++ software development for games, with 1 shipped title under your belt
- Thorough experience with modern rendering APIs e.g. Vulkan or DX12
- Deep understanding of software engineering and software design
- Excellent C++ skills
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Clear communication and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to own and manage large portions of a codebase
- Comfortable collaborating with other members of the development team and the founders
- Proficient in the use of modern IDEs; preferably Visual Studio
Bonus points if you have experience with any of the following…
- Unreal Engine 4
- IdTech 6 (or later)
- Agile development environments
Ballistic Moon is a new independent game studio, based in the South East of England. They are a small but growing passionate team of highly experienced developers, focused on creating exceptional and innovative games for next generation platforms. They are currently working with a AAA publisher in the early stages of a major new project and also have their own IPs as well.
The studio is expanding their dev teams to facilitate production on the AAA next gen project, making it the perfect time to join. They really value a down to earth approach and are a friendly and straight talking bunch, so if you're ambitious, truly love games and are not afraid of making mistakes you need to get in touch with me.
To find out more about the role, the studio or their culture contact Paul for a confidential chat.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.