Graphic Software Engineer (Remote Options)
Ballistic Moon – Farnborough, UK
Ballistic Moon are on the lookout for a Graphics Software Engineer to work on the rendering pipeline for their new projects!
Ballistic Moon is an established independent game studio, based in the South-East of England.
They are a rapidly growing team of highly experienced and passionate developers, focused on creating the outstanding and amazing games of the future.
With a major project for a renowned publisher, and their own IP on the way, they are creating new genre-defining games in Unreal Engine 5. They are looking for additional team members to join their group of developers and creatives to help them to realise their vision.
As a Graphics Software Engineer, you will…
- Oversee the rendering pipeline for the project on multiple platforms
- Upgrade Unreal’s rendering engine to support cutting-edge technologies and techniques on PlayStation 5, PC and beyond
- Collaborate with the Lead Graphics Engineer, Lead Engineer & other Senior/Lead disciplines
- Collaborate with design, art and production
For this role, you will need…
- Excellent understanding of software engineering and software design
- Extensive C++ skills
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Clear communication and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to own and manage large portions of a codebase
- Ability to work well with other members of the development team and the founders
- Proficiency in the use of modern IDEs; preferably Visual Studio
- 5+ years of graphics experience in C++ software development in video games
- At least one major shipped title
- Thorough experience with modern rendering APIs e.g. Vulkan or DX12
Bonus points if you have….
- Experience with popular modern engines such as: Unreal Engine/Unity/idTech/Decima
- A background working within an agile development environment
- At least one shipped title using Unreal Engine
- Passion for videogames
- No fear of failing
Just some of the benefits of working with Ballistic Moon include…
- Training & Development
- Hybrid/Remote Working
- Project Completion Bonus & Christmas Bonus
- Private Medical & Dental – Personal, Partner & Children
- Interest-Free Travel Loan for those regularly commuting
- Pension above minimum contributions
- 25 days annual leave + extra days off for Christmas, as well as UK Bank Holidays as standard
- Paid sabbatical (2 weeks after 6 years, additional 4 weeks after 10 years)
- Local Gym Membership
- Regular team lunches
- Flexible working around core hours of 10am – 4pm
- Share options scheme (under creation)
This is one of the most up and coming studios in the UK. The team they are creating, the work they are doing alongside offering fully remote roles puts them at the top of a lot of people lists of studios to work with.
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch for more details email@example.com now or call +44 (0)1709 834 777.