Graphics Programmer (Remote Options)
Firesprite – Liverpool, United Kingdom
Firesprite are on the lookout for a Graphics Programmer to join the rendering team on a dark, next gen ‘Narrative Adventure’ with genre defining goals. This huge, highly ambitious partnership project takes atmosphere, storytelling, player agency and narrative firmly into ground-breaking territory on next-generation hardware technologies. This project has AAA ambitions with a heavy focus on art, animation and delivering unique character performances to heighten player presence and immersion to new levels.
As a Graphic Programmer, you will be responsible for delivering awesome and innovative graphics effects, systems, and relevant tools to support the visual ambitions of the game. You will be working on next gen platforms and in areas such as, but not limited to – hair, skin, varied water expanses, dynamic clouds, lighting / atmospherics, vegetation, sand, terrain generation, footprints/displacement, VFX, art pipelines, optimisation, etc.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- The implementation of varied graphics systems.
- Devising innovative solutions to overcome platform constraints
- Being a point of contact for designers, artists and other coders for the systems you create and maintain
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A proficiency in C++
- A broad knowledge of GPU architecture
- An extensive understanding of contemporary graphics techniques
- Strong working abilities with shaders.
- An Aptness for API design / software engineering
- A comprehension for 3D vector maths
- CPU and GPU profiling expertise
- An eye for the creative and aesthetic aspects of development.
- Previous experience as a Graphics Programmer in the Games Industry.
Bonus points if you have…
- A familiarity with working in Unreal Engine 4.
- Worked on at least one shipped PC or Console title.
Just some of the benefits Firesprite can offer include…
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Pension plans
- Work from home
- Training & development
- Employee Assistance Programme, including counselling
Interested in this role?
Want to know more?
Get in touch with Philip Boltt on 01709 834777 or email email@example.com