Tag Games – Dundee, UK (remote options)
Are you an experienced Graphics Programmer looking to work on an ambitious new cross platform IP? Tag Games is a growing mobile game studio based in Dundee, Scotland. They have a 15 year legacy of making mobile games for some of the biggest brands on the planet.
This year Tag is embarking on their most bold and exciting title yet, developing a brand new cross-platform IP in partnership with a world-renowned publisher. They are looking for passionate new people to join them on their quest to forge a place in players' hearts.
Their culture is collaborative and relaxed. They encourage feedback and support each other to solve problems – always striving to be the best they can be. Tag are driven by a passion for quality and delivering outstanding products. If this feels like a studio where you can thrive and grow, this role can be worked from both in Dundee and on a remote basis.
You will play a pivotal role in developing the visual presentation of this world-leading IP, supporting the art and engineering teams as part of the graphics programming team with technical direction, planning and architecture with direction from project stakeholders to deliver a best in class gameplay experience.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Designing and creating performant graphics code in Unity on multiple platforms
- Authoring optimal shader code that will work across a variety of platforms
- Delivering high quality visuals within the capabilities of a wide range of target hardware
- Working with the art team, under direction of the art director, to deliver on the vision for the project
- Creating and building art tools to increase the efficiency of the art creation process
- Profiling (GPU, CPU, Memory) to find and reduce bottlenecks and optimise existing code
- Planning your work and assisting others with planning as required.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Professional development as a graphics programmer, having shipped at least one title
- Expertise with graphics programming in Unity
- Familiarity targeting multiple GPU types on mobile platforms
- Extensive knowledge on graphics programming topics and techniques
- Comprehensive understanding of shaders including programming HLSL
- A grasp of art pipelines
- Good knowledge of profiling tools
- An aptness for identifying bottlenecks and optimising graphics code
- Good communication skillset with technical and non-technical people
- A passion for graphics, graphics programming and games
Bonus points if you have experience in…
- Working with Unity's Scriptable Render Pipelines (URP/HDRP/Custom)
- Developing tools/scripts in art applications (e.g. Maya, photoshop, etc.) to support the art pipeline, ideally using python
- Writing compute shaders
- Using PBR workflows
- Developing free to play games
- Working on a live title providing regular updates
- Delivering console or PC titles
- Agile development processes
- Working with distributed teams in different timezones
If this sounds of interest or you would like to chat about opportunities get in touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777