XYZ Reality – London, UK
XYZ Reality are searching for a graphics engineer to join their team in the heart of the country. Are you interested in pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with VR/AR and developing hyper-scaled, high fidelity 3D models containing between 100 and 180 million triangles?
They have has created one of the first engineering-grade Augmented Reality systems around and it really is revolutionizing the construction industry by enabling construction workers to eliminate the need for PC-based 2D models and build from holograms in real-time, using their high-spec, custom-built VR headsets.
They recently won the won the CogX 2021 "Best Innovation in AR/VR" Award and have also been awarded an additional £20m in funding.
The position would give you the opportunity to participate in a variety of projects such as their ground-breaking proprietary 3D models that are 5x smaller than other game engines and load 10x as fast,.
As a graphics engineer your responsibilities will include…
- Continuing the development of an exciting Unity-based software platform for their custom Augmented Reality Head Mounted Display System.
- Collaborating with the software team to develop Augmented Reality applications for custom hardware (and additional future platforms) using Unity, external, and custom libraries.
- Aiding in the formation of future structures, tech stacks and flows of the software
- Integrating with a highly practical, product-driven, research-and-development culture
- Utilising hardware, software, and the design team to develop cutting edge products
What you'll bring to this role…
- A BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering,
- An expertise in C/C++ Programming
- A comprehension of rendering and computing algorithms
- A track record including the use of one or more GPU APIs (preferably OpenGL and/or OpenCL)
- A proficiency in shader writing
- An ability to plan and estimate your own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work
- A genuine interest in working with AR in the construction industry
- Pride in code quality and performance,
- A command of communication skills in spoken and written English
- A willingness to learn new things and to help out in other areas within the company when needed
Bonus points if you have…
- First-hand experience building computer vision/graphics systems,
- A proven track record in computational geometry and related applications
- Detailed comprehension of Unity’s Universal Render Pipeline
- A history with C# and Unity 3D in a professional capacity
- An understanding of CAD theory and rendering
- A knowledgeability of construction BIM standards
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more about either the role or studio please contact Phil at Aardvark Swift.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.