XYZ Reality – London, UK
Are you interested in pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with VR/AR? XYZ Reality are searching for a graphics engineer to join their team in the heart of the country. This is your chance to participate in engaging R&D initiatives and thrive in a wide variety of projects with regular updates and releases. You'll engage in the development of a proprietary rendering engine and, quite uniquely, contribute to the evolution of their custom-built VR/AR headset designs.
As a graphics engineer your responsibilities will include…
- Continuing the development of an exciting Unity-based software platform for their custom Augmented Reality Head Mounted Display System.
- Collaborating with the software team to develop Augmented Reality applications for custom hardware (and additional future platforms) using Unity, external, and custom libraries.
- Aiding in the formation of future structures, tech stacks and flows of the software
- Integrating with a highly practical, product-driven, research-and-development culture
- Utilising hardware, software, and the design team to develop cutting edge products
What you'll bring to this role…
- A BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering,
- An expertise in C/C++ Programming
- An established comprehension of rendering and compute algorithms
- A track record including the use of one or more GPU APIs (preferably OpenGL and/or OpenCL)
- A proficiency in shader writing
- An ability to plan and estimate your own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work
- A genuine interest in working with AR in the construction industry
- Pride in code quality and performance,
- A command of communication skills in spoken and written English
- A willingness to learn new things and to help out in other areas within the company when needed
Bonus points if you have…
- First-hand experience building computer vision/graphics systems,
- A proven track record in computational geometry and related applications
- Detailed comprehension of Unity’s Universal Render Pipeline,
- A history with C# and Unity 3D in a professional capacity
- An understanding of CAD theory and rendering
- A knowledgeability of construction BIM standards
XYZ Reality are the creators of one of the first engineering-grade augmented reality systems available. Their software and custom-built VR headsets are revolutionizing construction by identifying potential errors in the build process, saving companies millions of pounds, and ensuring faster project delivery.
If you are interested in this role and would like to know more about either the role or studio please contact Phil at Aardvark Swift.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)1709 834777.