Generalist Software Engineer (Remote Options)
EA Madrid – Madrid, Spain
***Remote role from any of the following countries: Spain, Romania, Sweden, Germany, United Kingdom***
Electronic Arts are searching for a Generalist Software Engineer for their Madrid studio. In this role you will join a growing core team that provides features across multiple EA Sports titles, and maintains a broad view of the game and engine systems and look for ways to improve performance, utility, and capabilities to our players and workflow enhancements to our development team, reporting to the development director of the project.
You should expect to be working on prototyping and planning, collaborating with other engineers, and building primary systems (often using other systems), workflows, and capabilities that allow them to work smarter and more efficiently to bring substantial improvements to their games.
You role and responsibilities will include…
- Implementing core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to enable collaborative development efforts
- Actively sharing domain knowledge, teaching and mentoring engineers within the team
- Collaborating with design and other technical teams to provide feedback and then creates clear technical designs
- Delivering well-tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements
- Actively looking for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements
- 5+ years of progressively complex experience in game development or related department
- A passion for the development craft with an ability to demonstrate good development practices
- A firm grasp of C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations
- An ability to communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, designers, and producers
- General understanding of parallel programming and resource management considerations
- BS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Shipped and supported a AAA title
- Experience developing with an established engine such as Unreal
EA also provide a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free games!
EA Sports are one of the world's leading sports entertainment brands, with top-selling game franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. They' re famed for AAA titles such as FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA LIVE, and EA SPORTS UFC.
Interested? Contact me for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834 777.