Generalist Software Engineer
Ghostpunch Games – Florida, US
This independent studio is led by a team of industry veterans with years of experience of working with some of the most successful companies in the games industry. They have the skills, experience, and the passion to develop cutting-edge games for the console, PC, mobile and XR markets; do you?
In this role, you'll provide hands-on technical support to the project development team, giving general guidance and input to fellow programmers regarding the quality and technical aspects of the work produced. As a Generalist Software Engineer, you will be responsible for writing and debugging code in multiple systems including gameplay, physics, graphics, AI, input, UI, networking, tools, and more!
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- Participate in the game programming design process
- Maintain regular communication with other game development disciplines (i.e. art, design, audio, and production) in order to determine how their efforts will affect a game’s programming
- Provide technical designs and specifications on all new features
- Write and debug game and engine code
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Expert knowledge of C/C++
- A deep understanding of game code design
- Hands-on knowledge of basic game design and implementation
- A desire to write game/engine code
- Constantly looking to better yourself
- A Computer Science degree or 3+ years of working in a related field
Your application will receive BONUS POINTS if you have skills and experience within Unreal Engine.
Want to learn more about this exciting role, or the studio itself?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 1709 834777