Love tinkering with game engines, making improvements and making them easier for others to use? This could be the perfect role for you!
How would you like to be a Generalist Engine Programmer, working with the physics team to improve the in-house engine at one of the worlds leading AAA studios? You will get bonuses of up to $30,000 worth of stock, full relocation package and many more benefits!
You'll be working on the engine to make it the best possible platform for developers to create some of the most popular titles in the world.
If you're interested, here's what you'll be doing in your new role:
- Collaboratively working to deliver high-quality cross-platform products in C++.
- Play your part to define and grow the engineering culture of teams.
- Working with product and project leaders and your team members to understand customer needs and delivering incredible value in an incremental and high impact way.
- Ensuring our designs are simple and effective with excellent workflows and features.
- Working on documentation and testing in parallel to accelerate ease of use and future maintenance of our technology.
- To mentor and coach less experienced engineers.
Sound interesting? You'll need…
- Excellent commercial experience with C++.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with team members on a common code base.
- Advanced background in real-time / time-critical systems & multiple hardware platforms – preferably game platform hardware.
- Passion for good workflows and well-architected software.
- The ability to adapt quickly and effectively to change (i.e. project, team, business-level)
Icing on the cake…
- Expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
- Low-level application programming – evidence of UNIX, Windows and/or Console OS APIs.
- Graphics or Video experience e.g. Image Processing, codecs, OpenGL, Direct3D, DirectX etc.
- Understanding of mechanics, maths and numerical methods.
- Evidence of delivering tools and workflows at an enterprise level e.g. using C# and WPF (or similar) to develop complex applications, and to empower content creators.
- Experience of Agile (Scrum) based software development management and other models
Interested? Get in touch! – email@example.com or call us on the number +44 (0)1709 834777.