Games Developer (Hybrid working)
Bright Future – Cologne, Germany
Bright future are on the lookout for a Games Developer to join their renowned team!
Established over 16 years ago, Bright Future Games are one of the most successful game manufacturers in Germany. Having started out developing the internationally acclaimed Football Manager games for EA sports, they went on to create the hugely popular “Rail Nation” Series, “Miramagia” and the recent MMO strategy game “Admirals: Caribbean Empires” Whilst at their core they specialise in browser games, they have made their games available across mobile devices as well.
Bright Future work in interdisciplinary teams, flat hierarchies, with a friendly working atmosphere. Their goal is to give their employees as much autonomy as possible for personal fulfilment.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Developing the frontend for their hugely popular and successful browser game “Rail Nation”, as a member of an open-minded team and participating creatively in the development process (from planning to conception to implementation)
- Implementing high-performance code for the applications in Haxe
- Constantly evaluating new possibilities to optimise the product and bring yourself with new ideas into the product development
- Utilising your expertise as a valued contact for technical questions – both in-house and in communication with other Travian locations
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A sound knowledge of object-oriented programming and are willing to learn a new programming languages
- A tendancy for clean code and design patterns
- Good writing and speaking proficiency in English.
- A comprehensive understanding of ActionScript (Haxe beneficial)
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience with native mobile development for iOS and Android
- A background with AngularJS and Gradle.
- Previous history working with Git/Perforce
- A track record with Jira and Confluence.
- Professional development with SCRUM before or at least are familiar to working agile.
Just some of the benefits of working with Bright Future include…
- Flexible working hours with a core working time from 10:00 – 16:30
- Remote working with only one day a week in the studio in Cologne
- Additional vacation days for certain family events
- Personal career planning and budget for further education
- Free refreshments (fruit, coffee, muesli)
- Agile work processes
- Discounted ticket for public transport (KVB job ticket)
- A free membership with Urban Sports Club
- Employee-friendly arrangements for childcare
- Free Gamescom Ticket
If you are interested, get in contact with Philip Boltt by emailing email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777