Mid to Senior Gameplay Software Engineer (Global Remote)
Ballistic Moon – Farnborough, UK
Aardvark Swift are supporting Ballistic Moon in their search for a Gameplay Software Engineer who will be required to work on prototyping game systems for one of their new projects. Do you have what it takes to support the development of an exciting AAA (and very hush hush) title?
Ballistic Moon is a new independent game studio, based in the South East of England. They’re a growing, passionate team of highly experienced developers, focused on creating exceptional and innovative games for next generation platforms. They’re currently working with a world leading publisher on a major project, as well as their own IP and are on the lookout for additional team members to help them realise their shared vision.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Creating and building prototypes for new and ground-breaking features
- Building and maintaining gameplay features and systems across multiple platforms
- Collaborating with both the Lead Programmer and the Director of Technology (Founder & Owner) as well as with design, art and production
The skills and experience you'll need to succeed…
- Excellent understanding of software engineering and software design
- Proficiency in C++
- Outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Clear communication and troubleshooting capabilities
- Aptitude for owning and managing large portions of a codebase
- Capacity for working well with other members of the development team and the founders
- Proficiency in the use of modern IDEs; preferably Visual Studio
- 3+ years' C++ software development in video games
- Credits on at least one major shipped title
- Thorough expertise with writing modern systems architecture for game engines
- Specialisation in UE4
Bonus points if you have…
- A specialisation IdTech 6 (or later)
- Decima background
- Worked within an agile development environment
- Built rapid prototypes
- A genuine passion for games
- Ambition to succeed and develop
If you are interested in applying for this role, get in touch!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.