Coatsink – Sunderland, UK (Remote Options)
We are currently working with the fantastic Coatsink. They have a simple mission; create great games that players will love. Their games cover an array of genres – telekinetic puzzlers, cartoonish platformers, even a tactical VR-RPG.
They are looking for a highly motivated and talented Gameplay Programmer to join the team in the North East of the UK. As a Gameplay Programmer at Coatsink, you will work under the supervision of a Senior Programmer. You will be expected to work across a range of areas as needed, although there will be some opportunity to specialise in an area if there is one you’re particularly passionate about.
Sound fun? If you’re up to the challenge, we want to hear from you!
There’s no secret formula here, no corporate buzzwords, no candles or chanting. Just the imagination and hard work of a bunch of extremely talented people. A culture that YOU could soon be a part of!
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- Working with designers to implement gameplay functionality and features
- developing to strict timeframes for project deliveries
- Collaborating with clients to iterate on feedback
- Working with in-house and external testers to debug and fix builds
- Maintaining the coding standards and practices set by project leads
The skills and XP needed to succeed:
- Relevant three-year degree in Computer Programming
- Highly proficient in Unity and C#
- Good knowledge of shader programming
- Very strong maths skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Good communication skills and composure under pressure
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- 2+ years experience in the games industry
- A history of VR development
- Have worked within the Android development space
- Multiplayer networking experience
What Coatsink will provide YOU in return:
- A relaxed working environment with a casual dress code
- Experience working with cutting-edge technology
- Flexible working hours
- Relocation support
- Travel pass scheme
If you are interested in applying for this role or want to discuss your specific situation, get in touch with me!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777