South Coast, UK
Looking to join an exciting and growing Console Developer on the South Coast? Founded over 30 years ago, the prestigious studio has a history in developing and crafting a broad spectrum of digital experiences across all-formats.
As the Gameplay Programmer, you will be partnering with some of the biggest names in the Games Industry and working on brand new and emerging platforms. You'll be responsible for designing, developing, testing and implementing systems and game code.
Does "an accomplished self-starter" sound like you? Are you able to write clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code? You're moments away from joining a team working on an unannounced, but well-known, multi-million-selling console game.
Like what you're reading? You're day-to-day will involve:
- Working with existing engine code to develop, implement and improve AI & gameplay features
- Rapid prototyping of new gameplay features, iteration and implementation
- Helping to develop technical design specifications
- Participating & performing in code reviews with the team to ensure quality
- Testing & refining gameplay features throughout the development cycle
What will you require?
- A degree in Computer Science, software engineering or similar
- 2+ years of commercial games programming experience
- At least one shipped game in a commercial environment
- Broad familiarity with AI in game development
- Experience of pathfinding, steering & motion planning
- Implementing cooperation and group behaviours
Interested? Get in touch!
email@example.com / +44 (0)1709 834777