Climax Studios – Portsmouth, UK
Climax Studios are a multiple award winning studio who were established nearly 30 years ago! They have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and they are now looking for someone like YOU to join their talented team.
They have a state of the art studio, located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, overlooking the harbour.
To succeed in this role, you should take your creativity seriously, with games being the focal point of your passion and inspiration. Climax embrace those who see things in a different way, and they aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones. You'll need to be the same!
They are seeking a down to earth and creative thinker for their Gameplay Programmer role. Does that sound like you? As a programmer, you will bring your experience and considerable coding talents to their studio, being an engineer that can lead as well as follow.
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- Take ownership of the design and development of key game systems
- Gain in-depth knowledge of new technology and development practices
- Develop standard methodologies and effectively communicate these to other team members and disciplines
- Bring technical expertise and experience to the challenges of game development
- Effectively profile and optimise game systems
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- A degree in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum of 2+ years commercial games programming experience
- A history of having worked within a full game development lifecycle
- Design and content team collaboration experience
- Advanced C++ programming skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organisational abilities, and an enthusiastic team worker
- A logical thinker with strong analytical skills
- Excellent with maths
- A real passion for games programming
- Experience working within a team
You will receive the following perks and benefits in return:
- Regular social events
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious, and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all of the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, with bars, restaurants, and coffee shops
Interested in learning more about this role or this studio?
Get in touch with us!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777